Following on from the opening of the CEF Transport Calls for Proposals on 13th October, the SESAR Deployment Manager has been busy helping stakeholders with their Implementation Projects (IP) under the PCP, which must be submitted through the SDM. The Deployment Manager recently (October 27th) held the '2016 CEF Transport Calls for Proposals Launch Event', and there were several key points that applicants should be aware of:
- 80% of the €400 million of funding made available for Projects under the SESAR priority has been earmarked for projects deploying ATM functionalities identified in the PCP.
- Up to a maximum of 30% of the PCP envelope (€96 million) has been made available for Projects related to the Action Plan for Datalink implementation set by the SDM (see Deployment Programme 2016).
- The SDM has identified priority families for funding within the Deployment Programme: 1.1.2 and 1.2.3; 2.2.1, 2.4.1,2.5.1 and 2.5.2; 3.2.1 and 3.2.4; 4.2; 5.1.2 and 5.1.3; and DLS implementation (AF6). Note that projects addressing PCP implementation gaps that are not priorities will still be considered for funding.
The SDM also provided feedback to operational stakeholders that will maximise their chances of receiving funding:
- ensure compliance with the PCP and Deployment Programme;
- link with existing implementation gaps in the Deployment Programme;
- aim for full implementation gap closure;
- avoid overlaps and duplications;
- ensure correct timing of implementation; and
- ensure completeness of information.
Competition for funding will be fierce this year – the SDM received 104 Indications of Interest that were PCP compliant – and so applicants should take into account the above recommendations and ensure mature projects are submitted.
The deadline for the submission of the first draft of the IP template to the SDM has now passed, but applicants still have the opportunity to refine their proposals based on the above points and any feedback provided by the SDM. However, the deadline for the second draft of proposals (to be submitted using the STAR tool) is 17th November, and this is quickly followed by the deadline for the final draft on the 2nd December, so applicants will need to act quickly.
Contact the Author
Tel: +44 1252 451 651